The Huawei P40 Lite has been gaining recurring popularity among smartphone enthusiasts for good reasons. Particularly, people looking for a good pick in the mid-range category should definitely go for the P40 Lite. Besides, this smartphone comes with an amazing processing power. With the kind of build quality, it gives a good competition to similar models.
Huawei has come up with this smartphone without Google Mobile Services, following their success with the Mate 30 Pro. Well, check out why the Huawei P40 Lite continues to gain popularity.
Build quality and design
- The color gradient that Huawei has incorporated in this smartphone makes it worth investing in. From the top to bottom, the hue changes to light blue from light pink. This is an elegant design, and reflects the aesthetic values that the brand focuses on.
- The phone comes with 159.2 x 76.3 x 8.7 mm dimensions, making the model relatively larger. The screen accounts for the maximum space on the front. You would appreciate the skeel look of the handset’s bezel.
- The phone has an aluminum frame and a plastic back, and weighs around 183 grams. The glass front in the handset looks elegant. You would love the solid grasp of this device when you hold it.
- The box comes with a USB-C hands-free kit for the headphone, type C cable, and a USB charger.
- The volume control and the fingerprint reader are the same button.
Display and resolution
- The phone has a 6.4-inch display along with 1080 x 2310 pixels of high resolution. At 398 PPI, the pixel density looks impressive.
- The phone has curved edges, that enhance the quality of experience while you watch videos. The bright resolution would also complement your efforts during your photo-shooting sessions.
- Huawei has checked the problems with its earlier models, placing the selfie camera on the left corner at the top. This helps the camera seamlessly blend into the rest of the screen. Therefore, when you switch the screen off, it might take some time to identify the camera notch.
- The 60Hz refresh rate would be adequate for regular smartphone users. However, gamers might have better expectations from the phone.
Software and apps
- In the first place, buyers should consider the absence of Google Mobile Services in this phone before making the purchase. Of course, the AppGallery of Huawei does have an impressive collection of tools. So, finding an alternative for your favorite apps won’t be a hassle.
- However, what users love about this handset is the availability of Android 10 and EMUI 10.1.0. This enables the smartphone to run smoothly without any glitches.
- You can also get the home screen customized with the dark mode. One might struggle while finding the gestures for a few days, but getting habituated won’t be a challenge.
Performance and reliability
- The Kirin 810 SoC processor present in this smartphone is powerful indeed. Even when you play games, the phone wouldn’t slow down.
- Heating issues won’t be a concern in this handset, that generally affects some other models from this brand. Therefore, it is capable of handling long hours of workload.
- Particularly, gamers would love the immersive experience on this handset.
- There are as many as five camera sensors in this smartphone. You would notice the rectangular island on the phone, that has the selfie shooter and the quad-camera.
- The main camera involves a 48MP color sensor.
- Besides, it has an ultra-wide-angle camera with an 8MP sensor and a 2MP sensor to measure the depth of field.
Comparing these powerful features of the smartphone to its competitors, it would be wise to settle with the Huawei P40 Lite. At this price, there aren’t too many handsets that offer such a holistic range of features and impressive performance.