It is crucial that you start your GATE preparation at least 8-6 months before the exam. It will give you the flexibility to execute and strategize your study plans at your own pace.
About 8.5 lakh students attempt GATE exam every year due to the various opportunities in NITs, IITs, CFTIs, etc. Aspiring candidates must consider a few factors which raise the standards of GATE.
The factors mentioned above are not for you to get a negative and fearful outlook for GATE; instead, it is to highlight the sturdiness of the exam. It also makes one aware of the necessity of having a strong preparation for clearing GATE with a good rank.
The GATE exam syllabus is vast and hence it is better to start early. The first step in preparation is planning, and planning depends on the time left before your exam. GATE is a technical exam that requires constant revision to be acquainted with concepts and strong foundational knowledge. College students can start preparing from the second year; it is not late even if you started from the third year, but developing a habit matters.
It is said that a dedicated 4 months of preparation is enough, but it is always best to start beforehand because of the following reasons:
- It gives you enough time and space to understand your ability to cover the whole syllabus.
- You can explore various methods of studying; thus, choose the one which suits you best.
- You can study at your own pace and not load your schedule.
- You will have enough time to learn from your mistakes.
- You will be stress-free as you know that your progress is consistent for the exam.
- You will automatically develop confidence for attempting the exam.
- You will have enough time to start solving mock tests a month before the exam and not at the last minute. Check this link for free GATE mock tests.
- Start with the subject you are good at, then continue with other subjects. Make notes. You can solve questions related to your topic from previous year’s questions. To understand your stand, BYJU’S Exam Prep offers short quizzes that involve in-depth and most probable questions drafted by expert faculty.
- Find a small group of people who share similar goals or experienced seniors who can help solve doubts.
- Strategize and follow your study plans.
- Make full use of YouTube and other educational mediums.
- Solve as many mock tests as you can. You can even attempt the GATE Previous Papers Practice Set and GATE Test Series available on the BYJU’S Exam Prep website.
The actual play happens on the day of the exam, so stay calm and assured that all your efforts and preparation will come in handy. Proper preparation is bound to reward you.
Stay Connect with our education blog India