The Huawei P40 pro has been one of the best performing handsets from the brand since its launch. While potential buyers might be wondering about the issues that they might face due to the absence of Google Mobile Services, there are several reasons for which people are buying this handset. Particularly, the impressive battery life, design, performance, and camera of this phone make it worth purchasing. Let’s take a look at what this handset has on its offering. Accordingly, you can decide whether you should proceed for the purchase.
Display and design
- The best thing about the design of the P40 Pro is the presence of raised corners. The presence of glass on all these four corners creates the impression of mimicking water, that might break the surface tension. The aesthetic appeal in design is unique to this model. The bezels are very thin, which enlarge the screen size to a significant extent. The ergonomic enhancements that the manufacturers have incorporated into this model look amazing.
- The aluminum sides come with a slight angle in this handset. As a result, you can easily rest the set on your hand. Other models from Huawei like the Mate 30 Pro or the P30 Pro either have slippery sides, or come with thin side rails. However, the P40 model evenly distributes the weight on the surface.
- Also, you would love the crisp feel of the home and volume rocker button on the right. The alignment of the microphone and the IR blaster on the top is perfect. The clean and calculated incorporation of these features gives a smart appearance to the handset.
Performance and specifications
- The presence of the Kirin 990 5G chipset in this phone makes it a high-performing model. It is powerful enough to keep the handset ahead of the competition. In terms of speed, the Huawei P40 is as good as other models in the same category. In terms of performance, it fares the same as Kirin 990 5G chipset.
- The processor in this phone benefits from the 8GB RAM. However, you must note that this is the maximum RAM capacity in the handset. Some of the other phones from Huawei have more RAM compared to this.
- When it comes to internal storage, you have several options to pick from. These include 512 GB, 256 GB, and 128 GB of internal storage space. The expandible space can go up to 256GB.
- Interestingly, this is the only sophisticated chipset that comes with integrated 5G. Therefore, when you start using a 5G connectivity, the phone will seamlessly adapt to the network.
- The sophisticated camera of the Huawei P40 Pro P series makes all the handsets stand apart, and the P40 isn’t an exception. In this handset, you have ultra-wide cameras.
- Moreover, the 50 MP camera gets adequate support from the 12MP telephoto camera. This enables the users make the optimal use of the 50X digital zoon or 5X optical zoom.
- The primary camera also uses the RYYB sensor. This enables the sensors to collect adequate light while taking photos.
Apps and software
- Backed by Android 10, this smartphone offers pretty good performance. However, you won’t find Google Services on this handset. However, most of the common alternatives for apps are available on Huawei’s own app store, the AppGallery.
- Now, if you are thinking where you will get WhatsApp, Facebook, or Instagram, you can simply transfer them to your handset using the Phone Clone feature.
- For gamers, the phone performs pretty well, and all the standard gaming apps run smoothly on the set.
Well, it’s time for you to decide whether purchasing the handset would be worth it. Considering the strategic benefits at a reasonable price, it would be wise to go for the purchase.