It’s important to stay fit all year round, not just during bikini season. That’s why we composed today’s article that will tell you:
- The best gym exercises that you can do to lose weight and keep it off during the winter
- Some of the key contributors to holiday season weight loss
- Some lifestyle tips that you can use to stave off weight gain during the holiday season and throughout the entire year
- About some supplements that may be able to help you avoid significant weight gain during the holiday season
- Foods that you may want to avoid and incorporate into your holiday diet
An Intro to Holiday Weight Gain
The holidays are all about family, cherishing what you have earned in this life, appreciating the company of loved ones, and for millions of Americans, food. There is a sense of relief when the holidays roll around because many of us have extra time off from work. The problem is that not all of us take that free time to exercise.
Instead, most of us visit with friends and family, gather around a plentiful dinner table, and gorge ourselves. Holiday weight gain is a real thing, as evidenced in more than one study. For some, holiday weight gain is so significant that they need the best Gym Exercises Burning Fat winter to combat the effects. For others, the effects are not so drastic.
Still, no matter who you are, it’s important to stay healthy during the holidays – even if you don’t necessarily gain any extra weight.
One of the reasons why people have such a problem with holiday weight gain, that even the best weight loss supplements are of little help, has to do with stress. Unfortunately, the holidays are a great source of stress for many Americans. Between holiday shopping, crowded lines, travel to office parties that can be grueling, and even seeing family members and acquaintances that you aren’t exactly fond of, the holidays can be extremely stressful.
When the human body senses excess stress from the brain, the hormone cortisol is released. This particular hormone can increase appetite and may even slow metabolic rate. Increased cortisol levels in situations where holiday food is abundant may lead to unhealthy overeating. This is yet another reason why people tend to gain weight over the holidays.
According to Health Web Magazine, certain supplements could help you curb these food cravings naturally and healthily “Gym Exercises Burning Fat winter”. Quality supplements are only part of the equation, though. If you want to make sure you stay fit and healthy in the winter months, take a look at these 5 effective gym exercises.
5 Exercises to Keep the Holiday Weight at Bay
Before we get into the exercises, you should know that these are things you can do at the gym or home, as well. At the end of the list, we will also be giving you some additional tips for staying healthy during the holidays that don’t have anything to do with exercise.
1. Lunges – Lunges are a great workout because they can help sustain calorie burning after the workout is over. Lunges are especially helpful if you hold onto a couple of light barbell weights in each hand (1-3 pounds should be more than enough). Start by standing straight up with your feet next to each other. Then extend your light leg forward, plant it on the ground, and bend at the knee while keeping the left leg straight and lowering yourself as much as possible.
2. Bench Presses – Bench presses also help maintain sustained calorie burning, which makes them great for the holidays. Lie on the bench with your back as straight as possible, lift a moderate weight, and lower it down to your chest, exhaling while you lower. It may also help to read some K3 Spark Mineral reviews as this product may be able to help with weight training like this.
3. Use the Pool – Most gyms will have a pool and keep it heated in the winter. Swimming is one of the most beneficial workouts. It uses nearly every part of the body and is low impact. Start by doing a few laps from one end of the pool to the other. Do as many as you can while keeping your breathing under control.
4. Deadlifts – Start with a very moderate weight, and ask a gym employee or trainer to spot. You and give you pointers on your form. Deadlifts can be very beneficial for boosting testosterone levels but you have to be very careful with them. So it’s best to secure some supervision if you aren’t familiar with this exercise.
5. Treadmill/Elliptical – Running is always a great way to burn calories. But many people don’t run in the winter because the cold can lock up the joints. Outdoor conditions may be dangerous. However, a gym setting provides the perfect opportunity to run or jog in a safe and temperature-controlled environment. Start with a moderate pace and try to go for a mile, then adjust distance and speed as needed.
The best gym exercises may not be enough. It may also be helpful to abstain from alcoholic beverages as much as possible. During the holidays as they can lead to overeating and are significant sources of calories.
Do some research into the best weight loss supplements. Some of them will help you control your urge to overeat during the holidays.
Health Web Magazine can give you some valuable insight into some products. That may be of use to you, as well.
Reading K3 Spark Mineral reviews may also provide you with valuable information as to. Which products can be the most helpful to you during the holidays. Keep up with your Gym Exercises Burning Fat winter regimen, make smart choices, and enjoy the holidays!